The cost of installing stained concrete depends on several factors, including the size of the area, the complexity of the design, the type of stain used, and the location of the project.
On average, the cost of installing stained concrete ranges from $2 to $8 per square foot. For a 500 square foot area, this means that the cost could range from $1,000 to $4,000.
You can discuss with concrete contractors OKC and they will offer their estimates based on the following factors.
1. The first factor that affects the cost of installing stained concrete is the size of the area. The larger the area, the more concrete and stain will be needed, and the more labor will be required to complete the project.
This means that the cost will increase as the size of the area increases.
2. The second factor that affects the cost is the complexity of the design. If the design is simple, such as a solid color stain, then the cost will be lower compared to a more complex design that includes multiple colors, patterns, or textures.
This is because more time and materials will be required to complete the project.
3. The condition of your existing floor can also influence the cost. If your current concrete floor have many cracks, chips, and a few other signs of damage that has to be patched or prepared before you apply the stains and sealers, then you can expect to pay a little higher price on its initial cost.
Few old floors may need surface preparation and need to go through many processes like cleaning, grinding, repairs for addressing spalls or cracks, and also the removal of prevailing stains or adhesives.
In other words, your estimated total amount of per square foot increase will be at $4 to $5. If your current concrete flooring is not sealed or was not previously covered with any form of flooring material, then you will spend a lot less overall.
4. The type of stain used is another factor that affects the cost. The following are 2 different types of concrete stains:
Acid-based stains are more expensive, but they offer a wider range of colors and are more durable. Water-based stains are less expensive, but they have a limited color range and are less durable.
5. Finally, the location of the project can also affect the cost of installing stained concrete. If the project is located in an area with a high cost of living, such as a major city, then the cost will be higher compared to a project located in a more rural area. This is because the cost of labor and materials is generally higher in urban areas.
In conclusion, the cost of installing stained concrete can range from $2 to $8 per square foot, depending on the size of the area, the complexity of the design, the type of stain used, and the location of the project. Before beginning a project, it is important to get a detailed estimate from a contractor to ensure that the budget is adequate.