In India, education as a whole is managed by both the Union Government and the State Government. While some responsibilities are taken care of by the Union Government, the State Government takes the autonomy of others. Our Indian Constitution gives the provision of Right to Education to all its citizens. Education in India comes under the control of The National Council of Educational Research and Training, popularly known as NCERT, an apex body set up by the Indian Government headquartered in New Delhi. NCERT assists and advises the Central and State Government in matters related to school education.
The primary objective of the NCERT is to undertake, aid, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education. Some of the functions of NCERT are Research, Development, Training, Extension, Publication and Dissemination and Exchange Programmes. It also drafts, publishes and recommends school textbooks from Classes 1 to 12 for various subjects based on the recommendations of the knowledgeable faculty in those particular subjects.
The various curriculum bodies governing school education in India are
- State Government Boards
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE)
- National Institute of Open Schooling Board (NIOS)
The Indian Education system has two predominant national-level boards – ICSE and CBSE boards. Here in this article, we will discuss the role of ICSE in Educational Institutions and their benefits.
Role of ICSE in Educational Institutions
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education popularly known as ICSE is an examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE). The CISCE board is a private board of school education in India for Class 10 which is headquartered in New Delhi. It is considered as one of the popular boards of education in India who conducts the ICSE Class 10 and ISC Class 12 board examinations every year. The curriculum of ICSE is designed in such a way that it balances both academics and extracurricular activities. It encourages the students to pursue their area of interest along with academics.
Benefits of Studying in ICSE Board
- The ICSE Board follows a very comprehensive and complete curriculum covering all the required fields with equal importance.
- Foreign schools and universities highly recognize the certification of Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Board popularly known as ICSE compared to other Boards.
- ICSE Board is highly recommended for those students who want to pursue their careers in the fields of management and humanities. They will find the curriculum more exciting and challenging.
- ICSE Board recommends English as the medium of instruction so students from this Board will have the upper hand in exams like TOEFL.
- The process of teaching in ICSE Board is entirely interactive and constructive. It involves every child in the process by identifying their inner potential.
- For the development of children, ICSE Board gives equal importance to internal assessments. That’s why even the practical results are aggregated with the overall scores.
- ICSE Board also provides students with immense flexibility when it comes to select specific subjects.
- Schools affiliated to the ICSE Board offer good facilities as compared to other schools.
In conclusion, we can say that for students, it is very crucial to choose the right Board for their future. Selecting a good board will help in the early development of your child and the level of exposure they will get in their academic career.