Premature ejaculation (PE) is a common sexual dysfunction. It makes a man ejaculate earlier than he and his partner expect. The condition can distress the entire life of a person. Therefore, it is advisable to consult with your doctor if you experience such a problem. He may diagnose your condition and rule out the possible cause. Accordingly, he may prescribe suitable premature ejaculation treatment. There are some other symptoms of ejaculatory problems that a person may notice if he has the condition-
- He ends up within one minute of sexual activity very often, or every time you have sex
- He remains unable to control the orgasm very often, or every time he engages in intercourse
- Feel frustrated because of the condition and avoid the sexual activity
You may feel embarrassed to share the same with your doctor. However, you should know that it is a common and treatable sexual complaint that can be treated with several treatment methods. Premature ejaculation can be categorized into 2 types. They are as follows-
- Acquired or secondary PE
It is said when a man faces ejaculatory problems even after having no such issues earlier.
- Lifelong or primary PE
Premature ejaculation is said to be lifelong when a man faces an early climax from the first sexual experience.
Once you get to know that you have ejaculatory problems, consult with your doctor for premature ejaculation treatment. He may rule out the cause responsible for your condition and work accordingly.
What causes premature ejaculation?
There can be various causes of ejaculatory problems. They may include psychological and biological conditions.
- Early sexual experiences
- Poor body image
- Sexual assault
- Concern about ending up sooner
- Infection or inflammation in the urethra or prostate
- Unusual levels of hormones
- Genetic factors
- Atypical levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters
Other factors that can result in premature ejaculation are-
- Erectile dysfunction
- Relationship problems
What are the risk factors for ejaculatory problems?
- Erectile dysfunction; men who develop erection problems very often are at risk of having an early climax.
- Stress; stress can cause worry and result in low concentration in sex.
What can be the complications of premature ejaculation?
You should not feel shy while sharing your sexual issue with your doctor. Always consult with doctor. Early identification can help better in premature ejaculation treatment. The following complications can occur due to the condition-
- Fertility issues
If the orgasm does not take place intravaginally, couples who are expecting can face fertility issues.
- Relationship problems
Unsatisfied sexual experience can lead to relationship issues.
Men who face ejaculatory problems and remain unable to satisfy their partners can have stress. Moreover, women can also become stressed seeing the condition of their husband and their relationship.